Click to make font larger
Click to make font smaller
|PARTICIPANT APPLICATION FORM Updated: 02-MAY-2010
Call For Applications
for IISE 2011 Program
for Social Entrepeneurs (IISE)
Do you have a dream of starting and leading your own social project?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others?
If your answer is yes, then The International Institute for Social
in Kerala, India, is the study program for you.
Taught by international experts in the field of
management and social
entrepreneurship, IISE empowers visionaries who are blind or partially
sighted to set
up projects across the world that address the needs of the
participants are challenged to become individuals whose skills,
leadership qualities prepare them to become effective and distinguished
entrepreneurs in their communities and in the world.
IISE is seeking highly motivated and committed
candidates who have overcome
obstacles in their life, have an interest in learning and working with
and who have a dream to realize. If you are twenty-two years or older
speak, read and write English, you are invited to apply for this
Leadership, management, public speaking and fund raising
are some of the skills
you will learn. This hands-on program includes an internship which
You will leave IISE with all the skills necessary to be
able to set up your own social
Join IISE and impact your future and that of others.
Visit http://www.bwb-iise.org/ and/or email your
inquiries to BrailleWB@gmx.net .
You may also fax us your questions at 0031848307904 or
write us via regular post
Braille Without Borders
International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs
c/o P. Kronenberg
Vivekanenda Nagar, Vellayani, Ookode, Nemom PO,
applications for the 2011 course is the 30th of May, 2010.
IISE is a unique institution with a distinctive
philosophy, which cannot be compared
to a university or other conventional academic entities. The institute
is an think and
action tank, where talented visionaries like yourself come from all
over the world to
exchange knowledge and experience, to work together as a team in the
their visions and dreams.
Every IISE participant is an active, contributing,
independent, self-confident and
skilled adult visionary, possessing expertise in different fields. You,
as a potential
participant, are therefore not coming to IISE as a student, but as an
expectation of your participation and commitment to our programme is
high. To this end, before proceeding to the application process, we
want you to ask
yourself the following questions:
- Am I willing to spend 11 months of my life in a
developing country working
intensively in the pursuit of my social entrepreneurship/leadership
- Am I willing to participate in all activities giving every time the
best of my
knowledge, experience, creativity, and energy?
- Am I willing to help others achieve their goals and develop their
skills in areas I
consider myself an expert?
- Am I willing to come to the Institute with a spirit of exchange,
- Am I one hundred percent committed to making my goals, dreams, vision
social project come true, continuing even after I complete the program?
If you answered YES to all the above questions, then you are the right
we would encourage you to apply for the IISE program.
Please find here the application form:
IISE 2011 PARTICIPANT
Please copy the text below in a Word or Open Office
Answer the questions in your own words.
Email the application form with your CV to: BrailleWB@gmx.net
On the Subject line, type: "application" and your full name.
Date of Birth
Any form of disability
Are you visually impaired
- If yes, Gradation of blindness
- Other disability
- No disability
Highest Level of Education
Please send two letters of recommendation, preferably
from a present or former
employer, teacher or colleagues, which include their contact details
(E-mail and phonenumbers).
Limit your answers to the following questions to one to
1. For which academic training year in Kerala are you applying for? You
for 2011, or for any of the years after.
2. What is your current profession?
3. Braille Language Skills: English and Local Braille
Braille Level: Grade 1, Grade 2
4. Languages Spoken with level: (basic, intermediate and fluent)
5. How do you judge your mobility and orientation skills?
6. Do you use computer technology? If yes, what are your skills? What
do you use?
7. Please tell us your reason(s) for applying for the IISE Programme in
Elaborate on your idea or vision of setting up your own social project
or improving on
an existing one. (The text should be written in essay form, minimum one
and a half to maximum two and a half A4 size pages, font size 12)
Include the following details:
- What is your motivation?
- Why are you the one who can realize your planned project?
- What challenges did you overcome in life?
- Where do you plan to set up your project?
- What target group will benefit?
- How long do you think it will take to set up your idea/vision?
- What are the reasons that make your idea important?
- How will you achieve your vision?
- What help will you need? Who can help? What resources will you need?
- Where would you find funding?
We look forward to hearing from you!
applications for 2011 is May 30th, 2010.
All Contents Copyright ę2005 Braille Without
Borders All Rights Reserved.
Web site sponsored by National Importers Inc.
Web Design sponsored by Summa Systems Ltd.